A whole new approach to
assisted living and memory care
About All of Us
1. Help each person who lives with us lead a fulfilling and meaningful life with a sense of purpose, with the personal care they receive professionally performed in the background.
2. Create Normality—by having our communities emulate the reality of everyday living, through relationships, activity, and the physical environment around us.
3. To empower and respect all our CareFriends (staff) — understanding this is not just a job, but a career and a passion. We realize that a part of work is to grow and learn, and VLC will do all we can to help our Carefriends move forward in their career and personal goals.
4. To respect and empower families to continue to be caregivers, deepen their relationships with their loved ones, and give back to each senior community by sharing their passions and interests with all our residents. Sharing ones passion helps us all stay Vibrant.
5. Communicate respectfully and clearly to each other, understanding that our communication is one of the primary keys to reaching our goals.
About the People Who Live With Us
6. Help each person who lives with us maintain and enhance Meaningful Relationships with family, friends, residents, CareFriends, and the outside community, with intergenerational relationships the norm.
7. Help each person who lives with us enjoy Meaningful Activity important to them, with activities they have been passionate about at any or all stages of their lives. We will enrich people’s lives with Culture - through all the arts, nature, and especially music!
8. Care for and help the people who live with us care for their bodies with the highest quality, in the most respectful and dignified manner possible.
9. Care about the mind and spirit of each person as much as their body. We strive to help people understand their aging process – mentally, physically, emotionally, and for those inclined, spiritually.
10. Help people move, and improve their bodies when possible, through exercise, dance, and therapies, understanding the importance of not just caring for, but nurturing the body.
11. Provide delicious and nutritious food, making the dining experience as pleasurable as possible, using food as an opportunity for connection, while being aware of the importance of nutrition in achieving vibrancy.
12. Use Technology to increase connection with people, service, Carefriend’s time with people, and maximize the independence of each person.
About Our Organization
13. Create Beauty in the physical environment of our buildings for the people who live with us, where our Carefriends work, and where families and the community visit. We will strive to emulate a Golden Rule – cleanliness is next to Godliness.
14. To provide the resources to meet the needs of our people and mission, and to use those resources wisely, enabling our shareholders to make a reasonable profit from their investment.
15. Have each of our Communities be an integral part of the local community, sharing our human and physical resources with the world around us, as they share of themselves with us.
Come visit us today and tour our residence.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or dementia could be overwhelming. The Lodges of Durand is here to help. We believe these practices will help fill one's life with balance and stability.
We bring a positive approach to a new vibrant life